Standard Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) Cables
Included with both the AquariCam and OceanCam sytems in standard lengths of 50 feet or 100 feet. The system may employ a PoE power supply (PoE injector). A standard Ethernet Cat5 network cable connects to a local area network (router) and then to the Internet.
Hybrid Cable System
The newly improved underwater cable system now supplies both data and power over a single ruggedized cable. The cable is especially valuable when using the LED lighting system. Delivering power sufficient for both the OceanCam and up to four lighting modules, the underwater cable greatly simplifies deployment. With a wet mateable connector on one end and a waterproof connector on the other, the underwater hybrid cable can be easily transported
and safely deployed. An optional waterproof power box is also available.
The Hybrid Cable is the perfect compliment to any of the OceanCam systems with or without lighting. The cable can be configured to support data+power or PoE (Power over Ethernet) over a single cable.
Specially formulated with high-grade polyurethane, the outer sheath has an extremely high abrasion resistance and a low coefficient of friction that affords more protection against the harsh conditions of the open ocean. It is available in lengths of 50 and 100 meters.
- Diameter: 0.397 inches (10.1 mm)
- Designed to withstand deep water pressures of 10k PSI
- Maintains high speed Ethernet data signals at depth
- Specially formulated with high-grade polyurethanewith extremely high abrasion resistance, low coefficient of friction, and good flexibility
- Armored versions using braided stainless steel or double served steel may be special ordered.